|During a vacation one tends to lounge around and eat a lot of comfort foods.It’s not a surprise then that once these trips end, the guilt trip begins. Unless a person works very hard at burning off the excess fat, it is nearly impossible to recover from the holiday weight gain.
One way to prevent gaining weight on a holiday is to deliberately plan for active or adventurous holiday trips.If this is not possible and one happens to be only visiting relatives or friends in another city or town, it is important to schedule time for exercise every day. Whatever type of vacation one is embarking upon, there is always a way to get a daily dose of fitness without jeopardizing the holiday mood.
A few tips for a fit holiday
Fun is the most important part of a vacation.While planning for fitness is necessary, one should not miss out on the fun component. It’s also not recommended to go overboard and worry about weight gain.You are entitled to relaxation and fun. Moderation and balance are the two keys to a healthy holiday!
- Plan adventurous holiday trips that include activities like kayaking, rafting and trekking. There are quite a few adventure organisations that plan these trips.The northern mountain ranges offer some of the best options.Keep in mind the fitness levels of everyone included in the trip. Consider carefully the safety services offered by the organisers. Such trips turn out to beneficial not just for the body but also for the mind, as being close to nature can refresh one’s mind and soothe one’s soul.
- For water lovers, vacationing at a beach that offers water sports is an excellent option.
- If you’re a fitness freak and do not want to give up your daily routine but do not have access to a gym while on a holiday, try new workouts that use your body weight like free squats, free lunges and push-ups. Exercise equipment such as bands are portable and can be used to get a quick workout anywhere.
- You can have fun during the summer holidays even if you do not have a vacation planned.
- Think about learning or developing a skill that will keep you active.
- Learn a new sport like skating and swimming or try taking dancing lessons with your partner.
- If you do not want to join a class, enlist the support of friends and arrange for them to play badminton or cricket with you on a regular basis.
- You could arrange for a family outing to a nearby park and play Catch or Frisbee with your kids.
- If the weather outside restricts outdoor fun, try Wii Fit games or other fun video games with your friends or family.