Lavender is one of the most helpful and widely used of the aromatherapy oils. It has been prized for centuries for its mild perfume, medicinal properties and violet hues. Among its many qualities lavender is used to calm irritable children, relieve insomnia, anxiety and depression. This oil is a perfect blend for creating the essence for complete well-being.
Neat Lavender oil without dilution can be used as:
- An antiseptic to help heal cuts and grazes
- For inflammation including that from burns, boils, acne, dermatitis and eczema
- To soothe sunstrokes, insect and animal bites
- For sun burn add a few drops of the oil to mineral water and spray it over the burnt area.
- This can be used generally all over the body to keep the skin cool, hydrated and smelling good.
- Perfect for the Indian summers
- Please use lavender in small quantities if you have low blood sugar
The best way to pamper as well as heal you is to indulge in a long warm lavender bath. We know you’ll waste a lot of water but you’re allowed to do it once a week
Mix 5-10 drops of this fabulous oil in an emulsifier such as milk or a carrier oil, and add it to your warm bath. Make sure it’s not too hot though. Lie back, relax and luxuriate as this mild antiseptic calms and helps heal tiny cuts and scratches.