|Cayenne Pepper Chicken
|Sunita Pant Bansal
- Place the chicken breast in a small bowl and add cornstarch, eggwhite, soy sauce and garlic, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make the sauce by combining together grated ginger, red wine, vinegar, sugar, chilli sauce, sesame oil and salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet at medium-high.
- Add cayenne peppers and stir-fry until dark.
- Lower the heat slightly and add the marinated chicken. Cook for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook for another minute.
- Remove from skillet and sprinkle with roasted peanuts, and serve hot.
- 1 whole skinless chicken breast
- 6 dried cayenne peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 5gm grated fresh ginger
- 1 eggwhite, slightly beaten
- 1 tbsp red wine
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp brown vinegar
- Tabasco/chilli sauce, to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20gm roasted peanuts