One of the largest muscle groups in your legs, the hamstrings are along the back of your thighs. They work directly with your lower back, allowing you to walk, run, sit and stand..
Why Strong Hamstrings?
Performing hamstring flexibility exercises can reduce overuse injuries such as shin splints or lower back pain. Building hamstring muscles helps burn huge quantities of fat and reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- It works and stretches your hamstrings and targets the lower back too.
- Stand up straight with your butt squeezed.
- Bend at the hips.
- In a controlled movement lower the weight to the floor.
- Make sure that you keep your back straight.
- Lift to start position in a controlled movement.
Swiss Ball Butt And Hamstring Busters
- Lie on the ground with your feet up on a Swiss Ball.
- Raise your hips so that you have a straight or slightly arched back.
- This is the start position.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees.
- The ball will roll with your feet.
- Make sure that you do not bend around the hips.
- Hold for about a second.
- Roll back to start position.
- Repeat about 10-15 times initially and increase intensity as per your strength.
- Make sure that your back is straight. Don’t overdo the weight. Start off light and work your way up.
- Standing alternate/ conventional toe touches is also a good stretch.
- Hold each stretch for 15 to 30 seconds and repeat two or three times. If you have tight hamstrings, increase the number of sets for each stretch.