Did you know?
- A ‘good posture’ will do half the work for your double chin. Just by keeping your head up most of the times, your throat muscles will gradually become tighter.
- Chewing sugar-free gum is also very effective for toning up the double chin and jaw line.
Exercises against double chin
- Exercises to reduce double chin can be done for a couple of minutes daily
- Look up towards the ceiling and smile / kiss.
- Open your mouth wide and pull your bottom lip over your bottom teeth, and then try working your jaw up and down.
- Move your neck up and down (25-30 times).
The calf muscles are located just below the knee and run down to the back of your ankles. They support much of a person’s body weight, especially while standing, walking or running.
Exercises for strong and well-toned calves
- Calf raise: It is a common and effective exercise to tone up fatty calves. Stand with your whole body straight and feet slightly apart. Place your hands on a wall (just to support your movements) and slowly go on to the toes of your feet. Hold the position for a few seconds and slowly lower yourself back down. This can be done in seating position as well. This can be repeated 20-25 times.
- Running is another way to tone up the calves quickly. Overweight people can do brisk walking to cut down the calves.
- Squats: Squats is an ideal exercise for the calves because it targets the muscles that help you retain your balance (not recommended for people suffering from knee
- Lunges: Lunges work well for the calves because the upper thighs are exercised for overall leg strength. Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and bend your knees slightly. With your right leg, step out in front of your left leg, bending your right knee
forward and your left knee down. Do not bend all the way to the floor as this can cause injury to your calves. Push up with your right foot, returning to the starting position. Alternate lunges from right to left, doing 15 repetitions per leg.
|Double chin is an extra layer of fat around the neck that sags in such a way that it
makes the person look like he or she has a second chin