THINGS TO REMEMBER BEFORE NOSE PIERCING
It is better to be well informed and knowledgeable than to regret it later, after all it is your body. Do not hesitate in asking questions. Other things to remember are:
- Choose the right place
- Check the credentials of the person doing the procedure
- Ensure that proper sterilization is followed. Observe the hygiene and cleanliness of the place. Even the gold or silver wires have to be sterilized by dipping in an antiseptic solution. The gun should be cleaned and sterilized after each use.
- Do ask for a local anaesthesia to be used. I do not recommend anesthesia as piercing is just a prick, which is quite tolerable. However, with anesthesia you get two pricks. The gun method is considerably less painful. If you are one of those who have a very low threshold for pain, you can use a local anaesthetic jelly two hours prior to the procedure.
- You should not have any existing bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
- If you have a tendency to scar or keloid formation, do not go for nose piercing. If you are still determined to go ahead with piercing, inform the doctor, who can further assess you and use additional precautions to avoid scar formation