Five quick remedies for nose and chest congestion
Some tested remedies for relief from such frequent, but not very serious, ailments are listed below:
The above remedies are safe and all age groups can try them to get relief from congestion of the nose and chest.
- Put a pinch of haldi (turmeric) and 2–3 black peppercorns in a cup of milk. Bring it to boil. Cool a little and drink before going to sleep.
- Take steam inhalation twice a day. While boiling the water, put a pinch of haldi, half a teaspoon ajwain, and 3-4 tulsi leaves. Inhale steam for 5–7 minutes.
- Sip on from time to time on warm water.
- Boil water. Add ginger to it. Cool a little and put some lemon juice and honey. Then drink.
- Put half a teaspoon of ajwain in two cups of water. Boil till the water reduces to half. Let it cool and then drink it.
Try these too!
- Burn betel leaf(paan) with a clove on gas flame. Mix honey with that ash and eat it.
- Scoop out the onion at the head and fill it with sugar and leave it overnight. Drink the resulting syrup in the morning.
- Boil tulsi, cardamom, sugar candy, saffron, anise (saunf), cinnamon and a piece of ginger in a cup of water. When it reduces to 1/4, sieve it and drink the syrup.
- Mix ginger juice with honey and drink it at regular intervals.
- Take water and put eucalyptus leaves or oil in that water in a steamer. Inhale the steam vapours.