Myasthenia gravis is a neuromuscular disease causing weakness of muscles which improves after resting.
- Drooping eyelids
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Lack of facial expression
- Difficulty in walking
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Difficulty in speaking
- Weakness in arms and legs
Myasthenia gravis can not be cured but it can be effectively controlled by:
- Medication to suppress antibodies and increase muscle strength
- Plasmapheresis to remove abnormal antibodies
- High dose immune globulin to provide normal antibodies from donated blood
- Surgical removal of thymus gland
There is no way to prevent this condition.