Huntington’s Disease or Huntington’s Chorea is a progressive neurological disorder affecting body movements and mental abilities.
- Hereditary genetic defect
- Sudden, jerky, involuntary movements
- Loss of balance and coordination
- Speech problems
- Swallowing problems
- Memory loss
- Inability to concentrate
- Personality changes
- Loss of emotions
- Increased anger
There is no treatment to cure or stop the progression of this disorder. Symptoms can be managed by:
- Medications to control moods and involuntary movements
- Speech therapy to improve speech
- Physical therapy to improve balance and muscle tone
There is no way to prevent this disorder.