Goodpasture’s syndrome is an autoimmune disease causing damage to the lungs or kidneys or both.
Causes are not very clear but some possibilities include:
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- Viral infections
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chest pain
- Pale skin
- Blood in cough
- Blood in urine
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Foamy urine
- Oral or intravenous corticosteroids
- Oral immunosuppressive medication
- Plasmapheresis to remove harmful antibodies from blood
- Dialysis or kidney transplant in case of kidney failure
There is no sure way to prevent it but avoiding exposure to chemicals can reduce the risk.