Crossed eyes or strabismus is a condition where both the eyes are misaligned and unable to focus in the same direction.
- Lack of coordination in the eye muscles
- Lack of coordination between eye muscles and brain
- Farsightedness or hyperopia
- Certain medical conditions such as head injury, cerebral palsy etc.
- Eyes pointing in different directions
- Eyes not moving together
- Double vision
- Difficulty in perceiving depth
- Spectacles for managing far sightedness
- Prism lenses to reduce turning of the eye
- Vision therapy to train the eyes to coordinate and focus
- Surgery may be required to alter the eye muscles for better alignment of the eyes
There is no way to prevent strabismus.