Calluses are areas of thickened skin caused due to repetitive pressure or friction. Corns are small round calluses with hard dead skin at their centers.
- Tight or ill fitting shoes
- Using tools without gloves
- Certain structural defects of the feet like hammer toe etc.
- Thick and hard area of skin
- Raised bump of hard skin
- Pain on applying pressure
- Waxy or rubbery appearance
- Removing the source of pressure or friction
- Using protective pads or gloves
- Trimming or paring of the affected area by a medical professional
- Antibiotics to prevent infection
- Orthotics or surgery in case of a foot deformity
- Wearing shoes that are neither too tight nor too loose
- Wearing protective gloves while handling tools that constantly rub against the skin
- Wearing pads to protect the bony parts of feet and hands from repetitive friction