Chronic prostatitis also known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome is a condition causing persistent pain in the pelvis, testicle or rectum of a man.
The causes are not clear as there is absence of any kind of infection.
Symptoms may develop gradually and may be recurring. They include:
- Pain in pelvic or genital area
- Pain or burning while urinating
- Pain in the lower back
- Pain during ejaculation
- Increased frequency or urgency of urination
- Decreased flow of urination
- Recurring bladder infections
- Consumption of plenty of fluids
- Medication to reduce pain and swelling
- Medication to relax the bladder muscles
- Practice safe sex
- Prompt treatment of urinary tract infections
- Maintain adequate personal hygiene