A bunion is an extension or swelling of the joint at the base of big toe.
- Tight or pointed shoes
- Flat feet
- Pain while walking
- Big toe turning towards the second toe
- Conservative Treatment: If the bunions are not causing too much discomfort then changing to comfortable foot wear, padding, resting and taking over the counter pain killers can help to manage the symptoms.
- Surgery: In case of severe pain and discomfort, surgery to correct the deformity needs to be undertaken.
- Wearing sensible footwear that allow for room around the toes.
- Avoiding high heels that tend to narrow down around the toes.
- Avoiding excessive pronation during walking and running.