Acute bronchitis is the infection of the airways in the lungs causing inflammation and irritation.
- Cough with yellow or green phlegm
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
Usually, acute bronchitis gets cured on its own. Resting enough and avoiding cold and windy whether can help in curing it. Sometimes, antibiotics may be recommended for bacterial infections.
If you are vulnerable to frequent upper respiratory tract infections, it would be a good idea to:
- Wear a face mask when you are exposed to those who are running a cold or cough.
- Avoid smoking and exposure to second hand smoke.
- Get yourself vaccinated against flu.
- Wash your hands frequently, and avoid touching your nose or rubbing your eyes.